Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Let's blog! Yaron's first blog

This post is written in response to the task I was required to do last lesson. It's payback time, guys… I've decided to write to you about a recent event in my city.
Anyone want to guess what?
Let's start by saying it's related to the new "Pais Arena" that opened lately in Jerusalem.
Any guesses? Want to try again?
Yes! I'd like to discuss my addiction, Hapoel Jerusalem basketball club and in particular, yesterday's basketball national league game against Maccabi Ashdod. You all probably now at some disappointment point… as mentioned, it's payback time! In the last more than three years all I'm getting from you is discussions about shopping, nails, makeup and other stuff, it's time to talk about much more interesting issues in life! Boys related!
Brief information about my addiction:
·         Started ~30 years ago.
·         My team uniform color is red and ever since then red is my favorite color (and no… you won't find anything yellow getting close to me, including food!).
·         Since I was a boy there's no single week I can fulfill without being or watching a basketball of Hapoel.
·         What do I do in summer breaks? There's something called "cucumber season" (free translation from Hebrew…) which deals with roster preparations for next season so generally – I've never ever left my addiction since I was 8 years old.
·         I'm currently hold 5 subscriptions to Hapoel's next season to my whole family and my youngest son, Harel, is officially the youngest fan holding a subscription membership to Hapoel Jerusalem basketball club.
So… let's get back to what I've started to write, yesterday game was awful! Hapoel played so bad even though they beat Ashdod by 20 points difference, yet, I was so boring I can't even describe it by words. My Hapoel is doing a great job leading the Israeli league with 7 wins in a row and 0 loses, after an heroic victory beating the European champion, Maccabi Tel-Aviv at home by 30 points difference!
Thank you guys (and girls ;-)) for surviving this blog all through, see you in my next blog that will focus on World Wrestling Federation finals…
All the very best,
Yaron Dvino

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your secret passions with us.
    Not a basketball fan here but I know what you mean about shopping and nails conversations :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the name "Elitzur Holon" mean anything to you? Go back twenty years or so, and you'll find me on the small-forward position, wearing number 5 blue shirt, no nail polish, and not interested in shopping at all. No payback for me, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gr8 Keren! It means a lot to me! "Elimelech is the king" (free translation from Hebrew...) is a well remembered song to me!
      10'x for sharing.
      Leo - can we use "chatting shortcuts" here?
      All - I got nothing against nails & shopping... didn't mean to hurt anyone here, I'm just joking.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hi Yaron.
      Sorry to say, but I haven't the slightest idea who Elimelech is.But if you would have watched some women's league basketball you would have known what's the meaning of playing in Elitzur Holon's uniform.
      Quite frankly, even while playing, I never did care much about watching games, even of your greatest opponent. I just didn't like it.
      And another thing - a friendly advice. If you don't want this band of Harpies sharpening their claws against the keyboard - don't use terms such as "payback". We're only called "the weaker gender". We're not really like that...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I keep responding to this blog and then taking it down so as not to sound too aggressive. I'll phrase it like this, men are not the only ones that enjoy participating in a sport or supporting a team. I hope that you would know that some women enjoy basketball just as much as you do, especially since you are a father and an educator. I think women show their enthusiasm differently and for a multitude of things. As to your being bored this season, I wonder if it has to do with our psych (as Hapoel fans) of being an underdog. We're so used to fighting to come out on top, that it isn't fun the kill without the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. No aggressiveness in the comments please!
      But if you have a lot to say on the topic, why not turning it into a blog post of your own? This is how I started blogging: at some point I realised that my comments on other people's blogs had started becoming so long I just turned them into my posts of my own:)
      L

      Delete
    2. Hi Lara!
      I had no intentions to hurt anyone! I'm attending basketball games for a lot of time together with my wife, the ratio between man/woman in basketball games is very high - 60\40 plus minus. I totally agree and as mentioned before was just joking. It can be managed in a different blog and wasn't the subject here. thanks for your comment.
      BTW - in Hapoel's games woman and man show their enthusiasm just the same. moreover, my wife is way more enthusiastic than me when it comes to games against our biggest opponent Maccabi Tel-Aviv.
      I must admit that turning this blog into man/woman discussion is not that fair when we focus on one sentence only... ;-)

      Delete
  5. Nice! As a girly girl all I can is "Go Hapoel Go"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to remind you about a really "good" conversation we had about sport.... I told that my cousin is the owner of Hapoel Be'er Sheva (football)... and this is how our really good conversation ended :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Shirley - I'm not that football fan but it's nice to hear.

      Delete
  7. In-spite of the fact that I have come to hate Thursday nights because the television is controlled by my husband, and by basketball games, it was very interesting, I have learned some new information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel! Tell your husband to switch to Hapoel and you'll have more time at Thursday nights!

      Delete
  8. Hey Yaron, I really enjoyed reading your post.
    I'm not so crazy about basketball or any other ball games, but I can really enjoy watching a good game. Still, when it's boring it really can be awful.
    So now I know that even basketball lovers and fans suffer watching a boring game...it's not me... it's really the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nira! Thanks for your comment. I totally agree with it. when it's boring it's boring... no matter what is it.

      Delete